When is comes to saving money, I'm a sucker. When it comes to saving money on food, I am even more of a sucker.
But when it comes to saving money on food that is perfect for my food storage, I'm all over it baby!
But when it comes to saving money on food that is perfect for my food storage, I'm all over it baby!

A coupon came out in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago for .75 cents off of one can of Muir Glen Organic tomatoes. Now, I've never bought a single organic item in my life. But, in the case that this was an excellent coupon on an expensive item that we use on a regular basis, tomatoes, I took full advantage of the opportunity. I purchased 40 of these coupons off of eBay for $4.00 total. Nice. Then, it was sit and wait until these babies went on sale somewhere.
Sale + Coupon = FREE Organic Tomatoes!!!
Bingo! The wait was only a day or two before I had ample opportunity to cash in my coupons! Two different stores offered these tomatoes on three different occasions in the last 2 weeks. Sale at Lowes, Triples at Lowes, and then sale at good ole' Harris Teeter. Love that place!
And lest you think that I cleaned out the shelves just before some other smart spender came along only to find empty shelves, I didn't. I exercised my right to be a courteous customer and shopped for these at 6 different stores, 8 different times.
My food storage stock is well underway. According to an LDS Food Storage calculator, I'm over halfway to a year's supply of pasta. And now that I have my canned tomatoes and these organic beauties, we won't have to eat plain pasta in the event of an emergency. We'll even have tomato sauce!
Oh! It feels so great to save money!
And even greater to follow the prophet!
And even greater to follow the prophet!
3 comments:
That's amazing! That's good to know you can buy bulk coupons on eBay. I'll have to keep that in mind.
I'm glad that you were able to use all of your coupons. I'm still working on mine but I have a feeling the shelves will be empty tomorrow when I do my grocery shopping. Thank goodness for rainchecks!
So cool. I am impressed. I also had no idea you could buy coupons on eBay.
Post a Comment