Monday, October 20, 2008

Warm and Cozy.

Oh, it's chilly outside! Autumn is undeniably here. It's a time of year that doesn't last nearly long enough!
Nothing warms the fall-feeling soul like someon those frigid mornings.

Our house smelled delectable as they puffed up in the oven and wafted out that spicy pumpkin smell into the air. I admired their beauty as they came out of the oven, but as quick as I turned around for another round of tasting, they were gone! Gobbled right up!

Roundabout loved them so much that she wanted to adorn some in
to give to her teacher! They were delivered warm that very same hour. Her teachers: they oohed and aahed over the thoughtfulness and the warmth on a cool, crisp morning!

Roundabout exclaimed that they were "the best pumpkin muffins I've ever tasted!" (Has she ever tasted any others? Nope!) Bet you're wishing for the recipe? Of course, I'd never leave you in the dark!

Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins


-----Muffins:-----
3 3/4 cup flour
3 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup pumpkin (1 15 oz can)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 cup granny smith apples, peeled and finely chopped

-----Streusel:-----
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter, soft
1 tsp cinnamon

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in apples. Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins ¾ full. Mix streusel topping ingredients with fingers in a small bowl until
crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake 350* for 35 – 40 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

5 comments:

Stephers said...

MMMMMMMM we will be trying these.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Those look delicious and you are right, this morning was perfect for them!

Tiffany said...

Woohoo! Thanks. I'll try them soon. I like the new look of the blog by the way.

Anonymous said...

I will definitely have to try it, it looks so yummy

Charlotte said...

Wow, a way to eat two of the best tastes of fall together? I am definitely giving this a try!