Here's what you need:
1 package of Orange Rit dye (I used Sunshine Orange...doesn't that sound cheery?!)
100% cotton T-shirts for your kids (or you!)
1 package of rubber bands
1:
Pinch and gather up a portion of the T-shirt fabric, then add a rubber band 1 or 2 inches from the point of the pinch. Wrap the band around several times until it's nice and tight. Do this all over the front of the shirt.
2:
Fill your washing machine with enough

to cover your shirts. Add 2 Tablespoons of detergent. Pour dye into water. Turn washing machine onto wash for 30 full minutes of "wash" time.
3.
After 30 minutes of

turn washer to rinse. Rinse until the water runs clear. Wash, cut off the rubber bands, and then dry! (Afterwards, be sure to immediately run your washer to the max water level and add 2 cups bleach to clean the orange dye out of your washer!!)
4.
Insert cardboard inside the shirt and carefully draw jack-o-lantern faces inside of each circle. I used an "ultra fine point" Sharpie, but the instructions on FamilyFun say to use a fabric marker or fabric paint.
5.

6.
Just love 'em!

I think they're so cute that I contemplated making Straight Arrow and I one too. We could be a whole Punkin family!
11 comments:
Wow! I saw that design in the family fun magazine and it is SOO cute on your kids!! I love Halloween crafts.
Sooo cute!
You must get the same magazine I have! I was tempted to do this this year, but time is ticking and I'm running out of time!
PS I like your new comment box, how did you do that?
I'm not sure what you mean about my comment box. I don't think I've changed it.
Very cute!
Love, it. I am defiantly going to make them for the boys!
How clever! How do you come up with this stuff??
That is such a cute idea!!!! I wonder how you can do that in a front loader washer??? I wanna come live at your house!! You do so much fun stuff!! hahaha! :)
I saw that idea too, but leave it to Gina to actually be the crafty one to do it! They turned out so cute, I might have to really try it!
Those are great shirts. They look so cute.
Those are SO cute.
Post a Comment