Monday, January 5, 2009

8 Week Meal Plan

The Famous, Delicious, Tried and True 8-Week Rotating Meal Plan

I've had a few friends ask me for a copy of my meal plan...so, here it is. I can't claim it'll work for your family, but it does for mine.

**A few disclaimers**
--This is a constant work in progress. I take out meals and put new ones in occasionally, depending on my family's tastes. We might insert a new recipe here and there and take out one's that aren't our absolute favorites.
--Leave me a comment if you want any of the individual recipes.
--We have four Sunday meals that we rotate through that are Crockpot meals. It makes for a stress-free Sunday for me.
--We often have Homemade Pizza on Friday nights.
--There are only 6 recipes per week to allow for a Leftover night so that we aren't wasting food.
--I have put an asterisk by the meals that I usually double and then freeze half for another night.
--If something doesn't make sense, just ask!


**Week 1**
Beef Stew
Chicken Pesto Pasta*
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
Black Bean Soup
Homemade Pizza
Russian Chicken

**Week 2**
Chili and Sweet Cornbread
Italian Chicken and Potatoes
B.L.A.T Wraps
Corn Chowder
Black Bean Lasagna*
Chicken Cordon Bleu

**Week 3**
Chicken Supreme
Fiesta Chicken Pasta Salad
Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
Oriental Chicken Salad
Quiche*
Chicken Roll-ups*

**Week 4**
Beef Stew
Tator Tot Casserole*
Chicken Enchiladas*
Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Homemade Pizza
Picadillo Stuffed Pepper Casserole*

**Week 5**
Chicken Pie*
Hawaiian Haystacks
Navajo Tacos
White Chicken Chili*
Vegetarian Chili
Hamburgers and Fries

**Week 6**
Chili and Cornbread
Creamy Pesto Pasta
Italian Chicken Wraps
Creamy Tomato Soup
Zucchini Casserole
Smothered Sweet Pork Burritos*

**Week 7**
Beef Stew
Peanut Butter Noodles
Dinnertime Quesadillas
Chicken Noodle Soup
Homemade Pizza
Cashew Chicken

**Week 8**
Spaghetti
Bowties with Palomino Sauce
Garden Vegetable Soup
Taco Salad
Chicken Piccatta
Lasagna*

**Extras for Substituting recipes that are out of season or just plainly not wanted that week**
Stuffed Shells*
Chicken Pot Pie*
Spinach Orzo
Potato Soup
Vegetable Lasagna
BBQ*
Grilled Chicken Pita Pockets

6 comments:

Mom at Our House said...

How many of these recipes are in the ward cook book you gave me????

Gina said...

Surprisingly few.

Arbon Family said...

YOU ARE SO AMAZING!!!

Rhonda said...

Thanks for planning menus for all of us. Such a time saver.

Marti Family said...

Totally send these to me...lovelymrsm@gmail.com....this is a great idea!

Justin & Jennifer Olsen said...

I'm also in amazement. Can I have the recipes, too?