Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hello dear little blog friend.

I am back! And life is better than ever! Do we have a job? Well, no. Do we have prospects of a job? Perhaps. Have we restored peace and love to this home? Yes!

Our transition into homeschool these past two weeks has been absolutely amazing. Divinely inspired. So peaceful. Happy. Easy. It has felt so right and there is no denying that I made the correct decision for this part of our lives. I have no idea what our future brings, but I do have the peace, comfort, and quiet whisperings that this is right.

Not only has that feeling been reaffirmed in my heart, but it is very obvious to me on the outside as well. Before Roundabout went to school, she had Green Light were the best of friends, they rarely fought, they lived to play with each other, loved to share, were so very considerate of each other's feelings, and I wondered when and why siblings began that infamous sibling rivalry. And then it happened when the school year began. I played it off thinking that we would all adjust to out new schedules and that our lives would again return to the normal happiness of our old life. But it didn't.

These past two weeks have bought friendships and love back into our family. The kids are having a blast, I feel so at ease, not rushed at all, and those tangible acts of kindness are evident again. We've had such a fun time learning about the world, countries, continents, people, math, science, and history. We've read books, practiced reading, written letters and love notes, attended the museum, gone to the park, visited the library, and so many other wonderfully fun things. Roundabout is reading fantastically, writing even better, and loves our little school. But what matters most to me: she's truly happy.

11 comments:

Karen said...

I'm glad things are going well with the homeschooling. I had no doubts it would with you :)

Stephers said...

I'm so glad things are going well! Sounds like a fun few weeks too!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I'm glad things are working out for the best. Good luck with the job prospect.

Kristin Jones said...

I'm so glad that it's working out so well for you and that she is so happy!!

Arbon Family said...

I am so happy for you guys! That is so great!

Brenda said...

So glad things are going well. Keep up the good work, there is nothing to compare with love at home!

Rhonda said...

I am so excited to hear roundabout is happy and things are fun at home. It is nice when siblings love each other and are best friends. I knew you would be a super teacher. The right and perfect job is just around the corner.

Katrina said...

i'm so glad its going well!

Angelfish said...

Congratulations! It is hard to make such a big decision, but you did everything possible to make sure it was the right one. You will continue to be guided by the Spirit along the way... know that you will never be alone. You are an awesome mom!

Mom at Our House said...

Yeah! I am so happy things are going so good now.

Amy B. said...

Yea! I'm glad that you guys are enjoying home school - isn't it great! I wish we lived closer. It would be fun to get our kids together.