And so this year, since the two oldest seem to be old enough to "get it", I thought it would be fun to get them. The joke won't be on me this time.
Introducing you to our April Fools Diner. On the menu this night: Chicken Not-Pie featuring gourmet vanilla pudding, hand-formed vegetable-shaped Starburst delightfully covered in a flaky pastry sprinkled with coarse sugar for the Main Course. Meatloaf Cupcake with Mashed Potato Icing for Dessert.

Ingenious, huh? Thank you Family Fun magazine. My children did not approve. The joke really was on them...and they went hungry this night. There was something about the Dessert for Dinner and Dinner for Dessert that they just couldn't get past.
5 comments:
What a terrific idea. I absolutely love the facial expressions!
Their facial expressions are great. I can imagine biting into what you think is a cupcake and it's meatloaf and potatoe could put kids into shock.
Awesome!
You have some great in laws to get you into the spirit like that.
That is awesome. We are going to try something like that next year, I think. Too bad your kids weren't as excited about it.
How hilarious. I love the faces they made.
Post a Comment