Friday, June 26, 2009

take a dip.

We got our first taste of a real pool, chlorine and all, in the summertime. The sun was blazing on my fair, white skin. I schmathered (do you like that word? I made it up.) the sunblock on the munchkins and away we went.

Photobucket
Do ya' think he'll float?! Don't let his little grin schmooze you into thinking he was content on our excursion...he was not. Maybe next time, little guy?


Photobucket
Photobucket
These two were daredevils; jumping, cannonballing, toothpicking, and the like. We only had two episodes of near drowning. It'll make a young mother's heart turn old....quickly. Quickly enough that these two munchkins will begin swimming lessons on Tuesday. Thank you YMCA.

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Nothing says summer quite like the smell of chlorine. Have fun at your lessons!

Chad Scribner said...

Wish you lived close enough to do them with us. looks like fun.-Daniele

Mom at Our House said...

oh I miss hot weather SO SO SO much :(

Marti Family said...

OH my goodness...I would have had a heart attack! We are getting Frankie into a pool as soon as the doctor says its ok!

Rhonda said...

You had them well protected. I am glad they will be having swimming lessons (as a nonswimmer I know they are important). They look like they were having so much fun!