I was probably more excited about having a garden than I was about owning a house. But they seemed to come hand in hand and I'll take them both now that I've got them. When we scoped out the yard of our house, I was a bit dismayed to think that we didn't have the ideal garden plot. It was too slanted, too wet, too shady, or in our front yard.
My ears had heard around town that the Square Foot Garden method was THE way to go. And so, true to myself, I checked it out. It would work for us. But still, I thought that it would have to be next year's project. There's some things though that once they've entered my mind, they just won't leave until they're in my little fingers. This was one of those ideas.
On Monday for Family Home Evening, we planted our first garden together. At the end, I shot a few amateur photos of our dirt digging.
And today, only 6 days later, here's what we have poking through our soil.
I can't wait for fresh veggies from the garden!
3 comments:
WOW that is soooooo awesome!! that is a great spot too, close to the water hose and gets LOTS of sun! can't wait to eat some vegges from your garden.
Fresh Veggies are the best. Now I can be jealous of you for yet another reason. :)
That is impressive! I wish I had a green thumb! I couldn't even get weeds to grow in my garden last year. This year, I didn't even try.
Post a Comment