I don't have kids in school yet, but I think I would do the same. Most of the time when subs come, it's a pointless school day. 2 weeks is a long time for a sub.
Oh girl....I just have issues with this country's public schools in general! I don't even know where to start! More power to ya for keeping them at home!
Any day with a substitute is a waste of time, whereas any day spent with the family is time well spent. Although I think one must admit that the substitutes have it hard.
9 comments:
I don't have kids in school yet, but I think I would do the same. Most of the time when subs come, it's a pointless school day. 2 weeks is a long time for a sub.
Keep her home. With a sub, especially one who's yelling at them all day, she's probably not doing any real learning anyhow.
Oh girl....I just have issues with this country's public schools in general! I don't even know where to start! More power to ya for keeping them at home!
If all she is experiencing is some adult yelling the entire day. Home is a much better place for her to be.
BTW, I love the lay out of your blog.
Any day with a substitute is a waste of time, whereas any day spent with the family is time well spent. Although I think one must admit that the substitutes have it hard.
I keep mine home all the time :)
um...I don't think it is hard to guess my answer to this one.
I think a discussion with the principal is in order. Obviously if the sub is not working out then they need to get another one in there.
I've been both a teacher and a substitute teacher. Trust me, sub days are wasted days.
Post a Comment