This girl can READ! I have been truly amazed at the sheer amount of progress my little girl has made in reading this year. She went into First Grade on a 2nd grade reading level and is coming out at almost a 4th grade level. She has really developed a love for reading. Her favorite series: The Magic Treehouse books.
The two main characters, Jack and Annie, get to go on so many fun, secret adventures. I think this series is so great. Great for both girls and boys. Great vocabulary. Great placement of pictures in the books. There are 43 books in the series. Each book is around 100 pages. She can cuddle up on the couch and finish one in 1 hour flat.
I bought the entire series in January (because I couldn't keep up with her and checking them out of the library!) and she finished this week. Amazing girl! Of all the books, she says "Monday with a Mad Genius" is her favorite.
5 comments:
What happened to that little two-year-old girl who was around when I came into this family?! She is so grown up now.
She is an amazing child!
we love the magic tree house books too. I read them aloud to the boys and now Andrew can read them to me. (but he would rather me read them to him. He gets tired). The vocabulary is great! I love how they place the pictures so that the kids get to develop prediction skills.
My kids read those over and over, purchasing them was a smart idea. Especially with more little readers to follow at your house :)
FANTASTIC a girl after my own heart. I love to read because a book can give you so much and can take you anywhere. Magic Treehouse books are really fun books.
Post a Comment