Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Homeschool for the boys!

Green Light has been beyond excited since May when his preschool ended because as he announced to anyone willing to listen, "I'm not going back to preschool.  I am doing homeschool!....forever!!!!"

He made certain that we would begin his schooling on Roundabout's first day of school.  And as he watched Straight Arrow pull out of the driveway with his big sister this morning, he turned to me and said, "First, we'll make a train.  Then, we'll count the cars.  And then, let's practice reading.  And then, we'll do math.  How's that sound?"


He added one thing to the plan and I added a bunch of read-aloud books.  But for the most part, we followed the plan.  He insisted on coloring a chipmunk "because they're just so cute".  He loved every minute of his homeschooled day!!

Green Light's rainbow chipmunk

Curvy Road's chipmunk

1 comment:

Mom at Our House said...

I don't know how you do it, I wish I had the patience to homeschool