Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Greenville Zoo.

Spring Break was quickly approaching, Scott had taken that week off, but we had no plans to go anywhere.  When I was checking my email about a week prior, I had an email from LDS Living which announced the Open House of the newly renovated Atlanta, Georgia temple.  I immediately knew where we were going for Spring Break!  What an opportunity to have a temple so close to be able to take my children to.  What a wonderful chance to teach them, show them the beauty inside, and give them a goal to look forward to when they are able to return.

I called Scott to tell him of my plans and went onto Priceline to see if I could snag a nice hotel on the cheap....and I did!  We got 2 rooms at the Marriott for $40 each per night. A steal of a deal! 

We knew we'd have to stop on the down for Linlee to nurse and let the kids run out their pent up energy.  Greenville, South Carolina was the perfect halfway point and we had a zoo pass that got us into the Downtown zoo there.  It was so perfect! 

The kids loved the zoo!  Dallin had been asking for months if we could go to the zoo soon and this satisfied his zoo-hunger.  Compared to our zoo here, the zoo was really small, but it was neat to be able to zip through and see the animals up close.



Scott is such a good sport and a wonderful help on trips like this!  He'll often hold  the two babies, push the stroller, take the kids to the dreaded public restroom, or whatever needs to be done!

1 comment:

Kristin Jones said...

Love that you are getting caught up!! You're almost there!