So, what's your story?
Excerpt from our story--
"I was sitting in my dorm room at DT, talking about boys to my roommate Sacha, when the phone rang. I was for me...a guy named Gary who I had met last weekend at a BYU dance. He wasn't a BYU student and so he technically wasn't invited to that dance. Ooooo, how exciting to a freshman girls racing heart! He was calling to see if he could come by my dorm with his four roommates to see me? I got all prettied up, you know the way an 18 year old boy crazy girl would, and went downstairs to meet them. And there they were; Gary, Straight Arrow, Chad, Tim, and Peter. I introduced myself to everyone, chit chatted with Gary for a minute, and then took my place squished in between Straight Arrow and Chad on the hard, blue couch. There I was sitting with two Returned Missionaries. It's the infamous RMs that everyone back home had bets on that I would get married to as a freshman. I denied such speculations. But, back to the story...They both served in Mexico and had only been home from the missh for 3 months. A girl from my ward, Kristin, came over and sat with us. Little did I know that this would be the beginning of a great friendship between Kristin and I. She and Chad flirted while I really hit it off with Straight Arrow. Although Straight Arrow and Gary were hiding it, I discovered that Gary and S were brothers! We all talked for more than an hour and then the boys had to go. They offered to take Kristin and I to Salt Lake City with them to go dancing, but we declined. We had a dance of our own to go to! So, they were off...but before they left, Straight Arrow slipped me both his home and cell numbers and told me to call him sometime. He left and I was totally crazy for him!
We danced the night away at the BYU dance and got back home at around midnight. Here's where the fun began...I couldn't contain myself...I just had to call him! That sometime was now! I called him around 1am and left a message that I'd love to see him again. It took a lot of nerve, but I had a lot of nerve. I had only known this guy for 2 hours, but I was totally crazy for him! I resigned myself to going to sleep for the night. My excited little mind was almost asleep when the phone rang and it was him! He wanted to go out for Denny's and would pick me up at 3am."

We danced the night away at the BYU dance and got back home at around midnight. Here's where the fun began...I couldn't contain myself...I just had to call him! That sometime was now! I called him around 1am and left a message that I'd love to see him again. It took a lot of nerve, but I had a lot of nerve. I had only known this guy for 2 hours, but I was totally crazy for him! I resigned myself to going to sleep for the night. My excited little mind was almost asleep when the phone rang and it was him! He wanted to go out for Denny's and would pick me up at 3am."

I love telling our story. I also love to hear stories about how other people met. Sunday is a slow blogging day anyway, so I have come up with a challenge for my fellow bloggers.
Please share your story of how you and your other half met.
Posting day, Sunday June 8. Leave a comment if you are participating.
6 comments:
You know my parents met while my dad's brother (your father-in-law) was on a mission. My dad went to visit his brother's girlfriend (your mother-in-law) at BYU. My mom happened to be her roommate. You story reminded me oft heirs.
I'll try and get on it this weekend. I'm just curious though...isn't there more to the story? :)
Why, of course, there's more. That's why it's an "excerpt"! :)
I will do what I can to get to it sunday, but no promises
p.s. I think it is a good idea. i think I will ask my readers to do the same
i'll try!
Post a Comment