The Tale of Two Cities Dates
Maybe it was the classic tale of East versus West? Or maybe it was pizza versus hamburgers? Or perhaps it was sit down restaurant versus fast food? But nonetheless, the truth remains: Roundabout and I had a Girls Night Out tonight while Straight Arrow and Green Light had a Daddy & Green Light date (+ Rest Area). The tales we tell are on opposite sides of the pendulum's swing.
Roudnabout and I went to the East side, a pizza joint, a sit down-style restaurant. Roundabout had been giddy with excitement all day for her date and even tried rubbing it in Green light's face that she would get to have alone time with Mom. Green Light's kind little personality replied back, "It's okay. You can come with us if you want." We both ordered pizza and then hid ourselves in the back corner of the restaurant where no one else was sitting. Roundabout said that we were there to "chat". If you know Roundabout, you know that she is a talker. She talks nonstop from the moment she wakes up in the morning until the minute her little eyes droop at night. It's sometimes a little overwhelming for a mom to listen to all day! So, I geared myself up for pure chatting tonight and as we sat down with our pizza I said, "So, what are we going to chat about tonight?" She shot me a look of disbelief and said, "Uhhh Mom, I'm busy eating right now." I thought to myself..."Hmm...that's never stopped you before!"
We didn't get much chatting in and I soon discovered why...as soon as the last bite of pizza was in her mouth, she crawled under the table and darted up to the pizza counter to let me know that she would be having an Italian Ice.
It was delicious and our time was winding down before the boys would be picking us back up. That's about the time she had the brilliant idea to run across the street to her old stomping grounds, the preschool, to play on the playground for a few minutes. We ran over just in time for her to find
She indulged in their sweetness and then decided that on her special
we should top the night off by riding the city bus home. Remember my last adventure on the bus? I wasn't thrilled to ride, but I knew it would make her evening just THAT much sweeter. So...we did and met the boys right back at home where we heard the story of their date. It goes something like this: (be warned, there are graphic pictures below!)



But hey, what more does a 2 year old want than to leave with a

Regardless of the two drastically different tales, both munchkins claim to have had a blast! My take on the matter: I got the better end of tonight's deal.
2 comments:
Poor Scott.
That sounds like so much fun. You guys are good parents.
Post a Comment