Saturday, August 30, 2008

A sewing fix.

You ought to know me by now. Every once in a while, I've got to get my little Domestic Inclination a whirl. The perfect opportunity came along this week: an Enrichment activity.
I love to sew, but would you believe that I've always been so intimidated by patterns that I've never sewn a piece of clothing for myself?! So, I gave it a go! I really wanted to know how to make the frilly part at the bottom. I think it makes the apron!

I almost backed out of going. Sewing clothes scare me THAT much. But, when my girlfriend Katie asked me to go with her to pick out fabric, I had to go! How fun is that?! When we got to the fabric store, I found two very differing fabrics that I liked...picked them up...carried them around...and tried to find something to match one of them. I couldn't. And so it was. I came home with two mismatchy fabrics. I actually have a thing for orange and blue together. So, maybe the marriage was meant to be.
Now, for the reasons why I totally needed this apron (and why you need one too!)
  1. Aprons make you feel special.
  2. Aprons make you a better housewife.
  3. Aprons make you a better mom.
  4. Aprons make you a better cook.
  5. Aprons make your cleaning more fun.
  6. Aprons make you say nicer things to your kids.
  7. Aprons make your food taste better.
  8. Aprons let you pretend to be Cinderella with your daughter.
  9. Aprons let you pretend you are living in the 50s.
  10. Aprons are just plain fun.

4 comments:

Haylee said...

I agree...Aprons are the BEST! They just make me feel special and it's fun to sometimes pretend you are a 1950s housewife, isn't it?!

Danielle said...

Only if you add the pearls and heels! Too fun! I just made 9 aprons for Christmas gifts for my nieces. (and a green one with pink polka dots for me). It isn't too sexy though. I embroidered the word "mommy" on mine.

Brenda said...

That apron is REALLY cute. Good job sewing!

Rhonda said...

I know you can sew anything. I bet roundabout would love a dress sewn by you.