Friday, May 28, 2010

As an alternative to wall-art

Recently, I wrote about my "Artist at Heart".  His favorite blue marker was used to decorate the upstairs walls of our home.  And while I don't want to stifle creativity in my children, this just had to come to an end.  I combed the house over for every marker I could find and removed them from any child's reach.  (Can't let the older ones have them either because then they leave them out for Curvy Road to find!)  Colored pencils and crayons replaced the markers.  And to our craft table buckets, I added a bucket of stickers.  Stickers, though obviously sticky, are relatively harmless.  Even if they get stuck in unwanted places, there's at least always Goo-Gone to get them off.  Unlike washable markers, they will come off of flat paint!

Last week, Roundabout and Green Light were at school, I was downstairs tidying up, and it was silent upstairs with Curvy Road.  Silence is always suspect.  And so I snuck upstairs to find out what was the culprit of such lack of noise.  The answer: a intent 2-year old working on his next creation. 


He was just as proud of this artwork as he was of the blue marker.  
I love it! 

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I am so happy to se his artwork. He is so intent on his project.