Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 05: Pet Peeves

I can't say for sure that this is my Top-Ten list of pet peeves because I had a hard time thinking of things. I thought about it all day (not the best topic to be thinking on).  So, I read an online list of pet peeves to help me remember things that annoy me. :)

So, in no particular order, here is what I came up with:

1.  Misspellings--it drives me crazy!  What is as bad or worse than a misspelling is a misuse of a homonym (sounds the same, but have different meanings).  Don't mix up your too, to, two around me.  :)

2.  When I am trying to do something on the computer and someone reads over my shoulder. Ugh! I don’t know why this one bothers me so much, but it does.  

3.  Interrupting--I can't stand it when my kids interrupt Straight Arrow and I when we're talking.  I also am super annoyed when I'm on the phone and get interrupted.  But even worse are those select adults who you can always count on to interrupt no matter what. 

4. People who don't RSVP--The ironic thing about this one is that I never, ever RSVP.  I think it's a commitment issue!  But if someone doesn't RSVP to the birthday party I am trying to plan, it's super annoying.  I guess what goes around, comes around.  :)

5.  When people say, “You should have…”. What good does that do me?? I already did it and I can't change it!

6.  When my kids get woken up from a nap (whether by a phone call, someone at the door or noise outside). I am pretty protective of my kids nap time.  The UPS man is the worst.  I realize that it must be their company policy to ring the doorbell when they leave a package, but I've even put signs on our door saying to please not ring the doorbell...and they still do!

7.  Being late--Now, I understand that unexpected things come up sometimes and that's okay.  But don't be late every time!  Plan to leave with enough time.

8.  Too much perfume--I used to think that only women did this, but I've learned that men do it too.  Do you do it because you think it smells THAT good, because you can't smell very well, or because you failed to shower?  Either way, it's almost poisoning to inhale!

9.  When I see little kids at the store late at night.  Kids need to sleep...put them to bed!

10.  Having to repeat myself!

Now, think HAPPY thoughts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am definitely with you on a lot of these, especially kids at ths store (or anywhere) late at night, and naps getting interrupted--kids need their sleep!

Mom at Our House said...

#9 is also one of my biggest per peeves. I hate it when kids are at the store at 11:00 @ night and they are buying toys. Seriously the toys could have waited until morning.

Katie Smith said...

i misspell all the time!! i must drive you crazy. and i use the wrong spelling of a word frequently. and i'm always late getting to your house and when i'm there i make your kids miss their naps. i'm sure i do those other things on your list too.